Are there different types of concrete?
- Depending on the project, there are different PSI ratios of aggregate, sand, and cement along with possible additives to enhance strength.
What questions should I ask when ordering a concrete delivery?
- What is the PSI mixing ratio? Using the correct ratio of aggregate, sand, and cement is crucial to provide a strong mixture based on the job purpose.
- What are the air-entrainment requirements? Air-entrained concrete is created by filling the cement with billions of microscopic air cells and can vary based on required conditions.
- What is the desired slump? Slump is the standard water to cement ratio in order for the concrete to be transported and placed at the jobsite without losing composition.
- Do I require fiber mesh? Fiber mesh is made up from synthetic fibers which are added to the cement during mixing; the fibers aid the cement during the curing process to prevent cracking.
- How will the site location affect my concrete delivery? Having a plan how the truck will access the job site is important; know what obstacles may impede delivery.
- What types of reinforcement will I require for my project? Adding reinforcement such steel rebar will increase the resistance to compression by strengthening the concrete.
How should I prepare for a concrete delivery?
- Being organized with adequate space for the mixer truck to access the job site and having the equipment ready for use to work with the concrete.
What about performance requirements?
- Stark Service Inc. works with a certified testing lab to ensure quality.
How much lead time do you need for ordering?
- While same day may be possible, it is preferred to order 24 hours in advance.
Why is using a local supplier better?
- Our local dispatcher has better knowledge of the geographic area and no guessing which plant produced your concrete material.
What if you can’t get the truck close to the job site?
- Stark Service Inc. can refer you to concrete conveyor/pump service providers.